Thursday, October 14, 2010

Red Sax

My teacher brought out a red sax in class today, which tends to be his trademark in the music industry. He had his friend paint it candy apple red, and although it looks cool, it sounds even better. David Cain, my teacher said that each person who plays a sax have different sounds. He said that it is caused by the player not by the instrument. I heard him play it and wow, my face was melted. He could make this thing scream. He even muffled the sound coming out of the sax against his leg and it gave it a completely different tone. The sound that came out of it was very jazzy and was more than pleasant to listen to. Trademarks for any musician are cool, but it is all about how well they can play and David Cain can slay.

4 comments:

  1. I like the rhyme at the end. I would have to agree the sound was plesant to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your view on the red saxophone. The sound of the saxophone was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that he is able to make your face melt! How awesome. Very powerful sounds coming from this man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good description. I like your use of rhyme scheme. It really adds to the imagery, which brings out the humanity of your writing.

    ReplyDelete