Monday, December 13, 2010

Violence on television

I don't think that what people watch on television impact what they do, especially violence. Never in my life have a sat down and watched something that was violent and then think, "I'm going to go kill somebody." The last time I checked, nobody goes out and forces people to kill or be violent towards others. I think that people who are violent, naturally are just upset with themselves, and they take it out on other people. Same thing could be said with the use of drugs on television. Just because you see it on television, doesn't mean that the show or program you were watching is going to physically force you to pick up a bottle or a needle. I do believe in the law of exposure, but I don't believe that it actually impacts the decisions that we make in our life. As long as people have a good conscience, what they see or hear shouldn't effect them. People love to watch horror movies, but that doesn't mean that they will break out into a fight or start shooting up people in the movie theater. We can talk about violence on television all that we want, but let's not forget that there are violent books out there too. How come nobody makes a debate about or complains about how violent books impact the violence in society. People make their own decisions no matter what they see or hear. To me, whatever we read or see, doesn't impact the decisions we make.

No comments:

Post a Comment